Low Carbon South West is a membership organisation and sector partnership between businesses, academia, investors, local authorities, and both regional and national agencies promoting the growth of the environmental sector in the South West of England.
Our Mission & Objectives:
- Support and promote the development of environmental technologies and services in Bristol, Bath and South West England
- Encourage the adoption of these technologies and services by commercial, industrial and institutional end-users seeking to reduce their carbon footprint
- Promote Bristol, Bath and South West England as a centre of excellence for sustainability to wider UK and international audiences
- Facilitate effective networking, knowledge exchange and practical business collaborations between LCSW members and between LCSW as a group and wider networks, for mutual advantage
- Strengthen links between business and academia within the environmental technology sector, including knowledge transfer, support of training courses and recruitment opportunities
What is a Community Interest Company?
Community Interest Companies (CICs) are limited companies, with special additional features, created for the use of people who want to conduct a business or other activity for community benefit, and not purely for private advantage.
This is achieved by a "community interest test" and "asset lock", which ensure that the CIC is established for community purposes and the assets and profits are dedicated to these purposes. Registration of a company as a CIC has to be approved by the Regulator who also has a continuing monitoring and enforcement role.
Low Carbon South West is proud to be a Community Interest Company, so it can act from a unique non-partisan position and put the needs of its members and community first.
For more information on CICs see http://www.bis.gov.uk/cicregulator
Low Carbon South West CIC
VAT No: GB 997 869 317
Reg No: 07323285 England & Wales